The traditional parade of stars of the 37th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is set for Saturday, Dec. 24, participated in by the seven official entries to the annual movie event.
The parade starts at 2 p.m. at the Mall of Asia, going to EDSA, turning left to Roxas Blvd., and going straight to the Quirino Grandstand in Luneta, where a variety show will be mounted.
The seven entries are
- Panday 2 which stars Bong Revilla and Marian Rivera;
- Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Maricel Soriano, Gabby Concepcion, Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo, Solenn Heussaff, Carla Abellana, Eula Caballero and Agot Isidro;
- Enteng ng Ina Mo, Vic Sotto and Ai-Ai de las Alas;
- My Househusband, Judy Ann Santos, Ryan Agoncillo and Eugene Domingo;
- Asiong Salonga, Jeorge Estregan;
- Segunda Mano, Kris Aquino, Dingdong Dantes and Angelica Panganiban;
- Shake, Rattle & Roll 13, all-star cast trilogy.
The participating films officially open Dec. 25 in 17 Metro Manila cities and towns and the rest of the Philippines. While metro wide in billing, MMFF is nationwide in its scope.
Awards night is set on Dec. 28 at the Resorts World Performing Arts Theater, hosted by Ai-Ai and Cesar Montano.
At stake are trophies and cash prizes for the official entries and those of the New Wave participants, five full-length indie films and 10 student short films. The New Wave entries were shown from Dec. 17 to 21 at the Robinsons Galleria.
The winner of the Best Float will be announced at the awards night. It will be telecast on Jan. 1, 2012, 10:30 p.m., on ABS-CBN.