Sunday, April 14, 2013

Adele is on the cover of ELLE!


 Adele is on the cover of ELLE Magazine for May 2013 issue!

Women In Music issue, which also features Alicia Keys and Rita Ora. The music issue includes a tribute to Adele and the thoughts of fellow musicians – including Katy Perry,Britney SpearsJohn Mayer and legend Barbra Streisand – on her meteoric rise to fame.

Below are some excerpts from the interview:
On her third album: “I’m writing the songs now, and then I’ll want to rehearse them for a while. As much as I love my first album, there are still things that I wish I had done differently. So I don’t want to rush anything. You’re only as good as your last record, so if I put out something that’s shit, nobody’s going to buy it. If it’s crap, people will be like, “Why was she ever such a big deal?” So I have to take my time. I mean, if it takes me three years, I imagine people will start getting a bit nervy… but I’ll do my best to avoid that.”
On the high point in her career: “Winning the Grammys! To be nominated for a Grammy would have been a highlight, but winning just blew my mind.”
On the worst show she ever played: “One of my first gigs, in 2006, in a dinky little pub in East London. I didn’t realize that I was headlining: I thought I was on at 8 p.m., but it turned out that I wasn’t on until about 2 a.m. It was a Friday night, so I had invited all my friends and my family, and there were probably another 300 people there who had heard about me and come to watch me. Anyway, I got so drunk between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. I played three songs, I forgot the words, and I fell off my chair. It was a free show, thankfully. Can you imagine paying to see someone forget their own lyrics and fall off their chair? Worst thing ever. That’s why I stopped drinking”.
On her go-to party song: “When I want to party, I play “Crazy in Love.” That’s always been the song that my friends and I get ready to; or before I go on a first date, I play it to feel sexy.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review