Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beyonce is on the cover of Vogue UK!


Beyonce is on the cover of Vogue UK for May 2013 issue!


below are some excerpts from the interview:
Beyonce a feminist? “That word can be very extreme… But I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman. If you’re attractive then you can’t be sexy, and you can’t be intelligent? What is all of that?…”

On being called Mrs. Carter: “I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it’s something that’s pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept. But I’m happily married. I love my husband. I feel like Mrs Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I’ve ever been. It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. I was like, ‘OK, this is what you were born to do.’ The purpose of my body became completely different.”

On motherhood: “I definitely want my daughter to have goals and drive and passion – it has to be a balance. I hope she figures it out. Whatever makes her happy, I’m there. I do feel like I’m going to be honest with my daughter.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review