Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Reese Witherspoon is on the cover of RED!


Reese Witherspoon is on the cover of Red Magazine's June 2013 issue!

Below are some highlights from the interview:
On her brain shifting after the birth of her son Tennessee: “Ever since I had the baby, I can’t remember anything. Serious, this child stole my brain. I’m losing friendships over forgetting to get back to people. But you can’t keep up with everything. I’ve got a 13-year-old, a nine-year-old and a baby. It’s like CNN ticker tape running through my mind at all times [puts on robotic voice]: ‘Where is Ava? She’s okay. Good. Where is Deacon? He’s okay. Good. Where is Tennessee? Is he okay? Yes. Great. Back to Ava…’ It doesn’t stop.”
On men vs. women: “Even now, in America, a woman makes 87 cents to every dollar a man makes. If you’re a black woman, you make 75 cents. You’re a latin woman, it’s 67 cents. And this is doing the same job. There is enormous inequality in pay and inequality in the workplace to this day.”
Her Oscar is on display: “Because Lord knows every day is not a success, every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good.”
On her business sense: “I feel like I know what I’m doing now”
Everyone loves her: “People definitely hug me a lot, and hand me their babies. But it’s better than people throwing stuff at me, right?” she jokes. “I’m always met with smiles.”
Famous friends Drew Barrymore & Cameron Diaz: “They’re just as charismatic and fun as you would imagine. It’s nice to hang with Drew because we both just had babies and we can support each other,” she says of Barrymore, 37, who welcomed daughter Olive last fall. “And Cameron is such a funny, bright gal. She’s an incredibly sharp business-minded woman, but she disguises that side of herself. It’s her secret alter ego.”
Female friendships: “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends. They have literally gotten me up out of bed, taken my clothes off, put me in the shower, dressed me, said, ‘Hey, you can do this,’ put my high heels on and pushed me out the door!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review