Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Will Smith on turning down 'Django Unchained' role: "I need to be the lead."!


Will Smith was offered the role of slave-turned-vigilante in Quintin Tarantino's western revenge-fantasy Django Unchained!

In recent interview Smith revealed the real reason why he turned down the part played by Jamie Foxx, because his character would’ve been second fiddle to the bounty hunter (played by Christoph Waltz) who teaches Django his trade .
This is what he said:
“Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!”
Smith says that before he left the project, he even pleaded with Tarantino to let Django have a more central role in the story.
“I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!’”
He said with finality:
“I thought it was brilliant. Just not for me.”
Will Smith will be next seen in the movie with his son Jaden in After Earth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review