Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gloria Diaz on her movie remakes "I can be imitated but not duplicated"!




Gloria Diaz reacts to people wanting to do remakes of her old movies.



Multi-awarded actress Gloria Diaz makes her TV comeback in afternoon soap Nagsimula Sa Puso starring Maja Salvador and will premiere today right after Wowowee. Nagsimula sa Puso is a television remake of the 1990 film of the same title with Hilda Coronel in the lead role. When asked regarding the latest trend in TV, doing remakes of classic movies, Gloria shared that she still prefers original materials. She even jokingly said that she does not want any of her movies to be remade because she can be “imitated but not duplicated”.

On a serious note though, since it is the trend today, she said that she has a long list of movies to choose from. “Lahat. I did ‘Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon,’ I did ‘Pinakamagandang Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa.’ I did a lot of good movies and a few handful of lousy movies but mainly good movies. I've done about 178 movies--145 playing lead and the rest not.” Gloria said that she has been hearing a lot of about the remake of Pinakamagandang Babae sa Balat ng Lupa and the starring role was even offered to her daughter, model Isabel Daza. “I suppose people will always remember Pinakamagandang Hayop. I heard they're trying to do a remake and many times they've asked my daughter and my daughter said 'What?'” Gloria said, laughing. “Palabra De Honor was nice, Danny Zialcita movies, my movies with Erap (Joseph Estrada) were also great. I did more movies I like than what I didn't like, maybe one or two.” If there's any showbiz actress whom she wants to portray her roles in these movies, she said that does not have anyone in mind yet. “I haven't really thought of it, she has to be new hindi 'yung kung sino-sino lang na walang pinagdaanan.”

On the other hand, Gloria has only good words for her co-star Maja Salvador. “She's not drop-dead gorgeous but she grows on you,” was how 1969 Miss Universe Gloria Diaz described Maja Salvador during the press conference of Nagsimula sa Puso. “She has a beautiful smile and I've seen her doing some acting and I think someday she'll be really good.” When she was asked if she thinks Maja can also be a beauty queen just like her, she said, “Definitely, I think she's an old-fashioned beauty 'di ba? In our times 'yung mga talagang old-fashioned face, classic, ganun ang beauty niya and she has a nice body and she's smart and sexy. She has a very expressive eyes and that's the most important, hindi ba? She does not even have to say a dialogue, her eyes speak for her.”

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review