Saturday, January 23, 2010

Albert Martinez says looking good is important in his job!



Even after three decades in showbiz, Albert Martinez remains one of the most in demand stars in teleseryes. ABS-CBN.com had a chat with Albert on the set of his newest teleserye Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo where he shared some of his secrets to looking great at the age of 46. “Disciplined lifestyle na ako ngayon. Everything in moderation na, that’s what I learned from Eddie Garcia. I work out regularly. I do mountain biking. I watch what I eat. I take as much vitamins as possible. I don’t smoke, I would drink pero social na lang. Kung hindi naman kailangan hindi na ako nagpupuyat unless needed sa work. Important also to keep a positive outlook on life. I don’t entertain stress and negativity.”



The multi-awarded actor also wasn’t shy to admit that he regularly goes to a beauty clinic to get Botox and facial treatments. “I go to Belo regularly. For eight years Dr. Vicki has been taking good care of my youthful look, naks! I have my regular facial. Meron na sila ngayong paraan na ibe-burn ‘yung fats na hindi mo kailangan. I’m having it and it’s good. As an actor, I believe it’s my responsibility to my audience to look good.”

Albert is not shy about talking about his vanity rituals. He reasoned that because times have changed, looking good is now a must for both men and women. “Ten or 20 years ago taboo sa mga lalaki ang pagiging metrosexual. Ngayon kailangan na talaga sa trabaho. Kung hindi baka puro lolo na lang ang roles ko, ha ha ha!”

Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo reunites Albert with Gabby Concepcion, a good friend and contemporary from the Regal studios in the early ‘80s. Albert shared that being in Gabby’s company somehow makes him feel at home. “Familiar na kami sa isa’t isa. Sa set automatic na ‘yung bonding namin. It’s like just picking up where we left off. Parang high school reunion. Hindi kami nagkasama sa isang movie but more of magkasama kami as Regal babies. Sa isang film studio we were treated like magkakapatid, kasama namin sina William (Martinez, his younger brother), Alfie Anido. We were very young then. We did a lot of stupid things, ha ha ha! Pero kami we’re on the quiet side unlike the others.”

Source: Napoleon Quintos, ABS-CBN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review