Friday, January 8, 2010

Piolo Pascual plays Ninoy Aquino in a two-part ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya’ special!


ABS-CBN.com visited Piolo Pascual during his first taping day for Maalaala Mo Kaya where he will play the role of slain Senator Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr. Piolo confessed that he still can’t believe that he was chosen for the much-coveted role. “Until now hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala that I’m doing this and why I was chosen to play this role. Napakalaking challenge nito para sa akin, to portray an icon who is well loved by many people. But I believe this is an opportunity for me. As actors, we always look for things that will excite and challenge us.Pikit-mata ko itong tinanggap.”



Piolo went on to share the intensive preparations he did to make sure he would be able to give a believable performance as the late husband of former President Corazon Aquino. “We have to get all the materials kasi. Research articles, videos—kailangan kong pag-aralan ng paulit ulit ‘yun. Like what I did in Dekada ‘70, I read the novel several times. In the role as Ninoy, I have more materials to use. Inaaral ko day and night, hanggang sa pagtulog ko, parang talaga ako na si Ninoy. This is my first work for the year. I got to rest naman. I had time to prepare. Mahirap ito kasi kailangan mong makuha ‘yung saktong personality, hindi tulad ng isang fictional character lang.

Piolo, however, was unable to consult the Aquino siblings for tips on how he can give justice to the real life character. “I wanted to talk to the family pero nahihiya ako so I just relied on the materials given to me. I’m sure mapapanood naman nila ito. ‘Yung ilang scenes baka maipakita muna sa kanila bago i-air para they can suggest some things. But I know that talking to them will be a big help. I got to meet the siblings when Kris (Aquino, youngest child of Ninoy and Cory) invited me over for dinner ,but we didn’t talk about this project.” He added that he is very flattered that Kris is happy he was chosen to play the Ninoy role.

There are still talks of making a Ninoy bio movie, but it is still unsure who will bag the role. Piolo said that he hasn’t thought about playing Ninoy for a film version. “I haven’t thought that far. Dito muna sa MMK angfocus ko. Malaking opportunity na ito para sa akin. Kung dumiretso man sa pelikula e maganda ‘yun para sa akin bilang aktor.

The actor-model shared that he is just brushing off comments that he is not fit to play Ninoy on screen. “Nauna naman ‘yung negative criticisms bago ang pag-taping namin. Like I said, pikit-mata kong tinanggap ang role. Kung ano man ‘yung negative na nasabi e naitawid ko na siguro. Whatever the people’s comments will be ipagpapasa Diyos ko na lang.

Playing opposite Piolo is his Dream Boy leading lady Bea Alonzo. The Ultimate Heartthrob expressed his excitement over working with Bea again and his belief that the young actress will deliver an impressive job in this MMK episode. “I’m excited for Bea. The last time I worked with her sa Dream Boy pa. I’m happy that since then she had matured in her craft. She has blossomed into a beautiful woman and a wise actress. Sa mga experiences na niya, I can say that she’s a competent actress.”

Source: Napoleon Quintos, ABS-CBN.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review